The next phase in the development of the River City Community Center is the Community Resource Hub (CRH). The vision is to see the plaza filled with resources and businesses that enhance the quality of life of area residents.
Thus far, we’ve opened up phase 1, our STEAM Academy. It’s going along really well, with over 70 children now taking in the exceptional curriculum for preschoolers in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
Phase 2 features opening the CR Hub which will include the following:
- Food Pantry – twice per month, beginning on Thursday, January 25.
- Community outreach programs & workshops. For example:
- On Saturday, February 17, we’ll host a free tax prep for low-income families through a partnership with United Way.
- Expected later in Spring 2018: Workforce Development series to include resume building, job search strategies, and professional dress & etiquette.
How can you partner with us? We’re looking for people to serve alongside us in this venture. Our serve team can be busy throughout the week, not just the days it is open. Food pantry workers are needed in the following areas:
- Transportation from supplier
- Good for teens looking to get involved & engaged in community service!
If you’re not able to put time into it, there are still a number of needs toward which you could donate.
- Food donations
- Capital needs
- Used, functional computers (types of classes are limited by technology capability)
- Shelving (currently we have food storage limitations)
- Upright freezer (we can’t receive bulk amounts of meat right now)
- Financial needs
- Avg cost to feed a food pantry guest: $13 (feeds a family of four for three days). We expect to avg 30-50 guests, twice per month.
- Estimated monthly overhead costs of the CRH aren’t high! For the CRH: $120/month! Donations can be made to the community center by clicking here. Be sure to designate “Community Center” and 100% of these donations will go toward Community Center.
- Financial needs
More questions? Send us an email at email@example.com!